Monday, November 9, 2015

Snuggles with Smudge and did I see Smidge

Smudge is getting ever more friendly. Some afternoons if it is warm enough and not too hot I sit outside stroking him and he will flop down and let me stroke under his chin. One day a couple of weeks ago he lay down snuggled up to my leg and I stoked him and he fell asleep. It felt so nice but when he woke up he was a little spooked and ran off.

Last night I had to go out to turn the tap off and it was dark. I switched on the outside light and saw a cat at the corner of the house - it looked so much like Smidge. Was it him? I called him but it wandered off. Not what Smidge would have done but it is over a year since I last saw him. Eleanor reckons I will be out their tonight with night vision goggles on and camouflage cloths looking for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment