Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Did Smudge come and say "Goodbye"

The lady who was going to catch Smudge didn't see him again. I had virtually given up seeing him ever again when this morning there he was on the back door step. I was so relieved to see him but it didn't last long. When he turned round I could see he had an awful open wound on his face under his right ear. It was about the size of a walnut and was concave. It was very watery. There was no pus and when I looked into it I saw little grey things moving about in it.

He meowed hello to me when I went out to see him and rubbed up against my leg with his good side. I gave him some food and he ate it but left the Friskies. I gave him a single stroke. Maybe my last.

He then wandered off and sat under the conifer in the front garden. I said goodbye to him when I left for work.

Eleanor said he was still there when she left for uni about 9.15am but he wasn't there when I came home about 4pm. I couldn't find him anywhere - in our garden and couldn't see him in either of the gardens next door.

I know he really needs to see a vet but don't know how to catch him and don't want to scare him off. If he returns tomorrow morning I may go and have a talk to the vet for advice. I fear they may not be able to do anything for him if we do catch him but at least he will be at peace.

If he doesn't turn up I doubt I will see him again. I will miss him. He has been part of my life for nearly 6 years now.

No comments:

Post a Comment